Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crazy Girls Weekend

Todd went camping with his childhood friends Brad, Jeff, and Jamie this past weekend, so Lauren and I had a Girls Weekend at home. Friday I took her to get some Halloween photos taken (something for all my blog stalkers to look forward to!) and then we hung out at home. Here is a shot of Lauren wandering around the living room in Mommy's shoes. Bless her heart! She's already got big ol' feet for a 20 month old....and this is what she's got in her future....



She was very good for me, though there was one Time Out incident that involved 10 rolls of toilet paper and our guest bathroom, a quivering lip, and a solemn SAWWWY MAMA.

Saturday we went to Kindermusik and then planned to join Stephanie and baby Haylie for a jaunt up to Gold Rush Days in Dahlonega, GA, followed by a trip to Burt's Pumpkin Farm on our way home.

We were about 15 minutes away from our destination when Lauren vomited cheese (of all things!) all over herself, her carseat, and her ONLY outfit...her Halloween one no less *what else would she wear to the pumpkin farm?!? We quickly pulled over to the nearest gas station so I could get her out of her smelly, disgusting clothes, and cleaned up. She, naturally, was full of vim and vigor following said puking incident, so I had my hands full trying to keep her playing in the front seat, versus wandering around the gas station barefoot (Britney Spears, anyone??).

As I finally got everything cleaned up, and stopped gagging fom the stench, I was debating with Steph as to whether or not I should just find a cheap Walmart outfit to make it through our plans when I suddenly got STUNG BY A WASP ON MY ADAM'S APPLE of all places!!! Thank goodness I am not allergic, though it hurt and the swelling did not help the gagging sensations already happening in my world. Needless to say, we headed back down toward Atlanta, and stopped at the first pharmacy we saw so I could get something for my sting.

Lauren and Haylie slept the whole way home. Poor little Ladybug is naked except for her Halloween hairbows. She slept another 2.5 hours when we got home and woke up happy as can be!

2 comments:

Clare Burgess-Mork said...

Man oh man is that a story to remember! How horrible! Cannot imagine getting stung there . . . much less having to clean up vomit (I'm right there with you on the gagging--doesn't matter if it's my kid's vomit!) Love the pics--it will be a good memory to laugh at later on!

Love, Clare

Jazz's Little Buddies said...

Kate, what a bad experience you girls had. I can feel your pain. Poor little thing sitting in her diaper only. I have learned from things just like this to always pack an extra outfit for both boys! You just never know when something might happen. I hope the rest of your weekend was great!